Every medicine pack includes a patient information leaflet (PIL), which provides information on using the medicine safely. PILs are based on the Summaries of Product Characteristics (SPCs) which are a description of a medicinal product’s properties and the conditions attached to its use.
This information is arranged in an A-Z list by active substance. You can also use the search box on the left to find a medicine by generic name or brand name.
This is the most up-to-date information for a medicine according to its licence history. PILS can be updated several times through the product’s lifecycle, so the PIL found with products when purchased or dispensed could be different.
MHRA holds data for medicines that are licensed at national level. Some medicines are licensed centrally by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). For product information on these medicines, please consult the European Medicines Agency (external link)
Product information for cancelled marketing authorisations will stay on the website for a year after they are cancelled. Market authorisation holders have 6 months to exhaust stocks after they cancel their product so the PILs will still be available during this period, with an extra 6 months for patients who still have the product in their cupboards.
If you have any questions or comments on this list of product information, please contact our Customer Services Team.
List of active substances
Ea - Ed Ee - Eh Ei - El Em - Ep Eq - Eu Ev - Ez
- ECHINACEA DRY EXTRACT 100:22
- ECHINACEA PALLIDA POWDER
- ECHINACEA PURPUREA (L) MOENCH ROOT POWDER
- ECHINACEA PURPUREA DRY EXTRACT
- ECHINACEA PURPUREA HERB TINCTURE (1:2 IN ALCOHOL 68%)
- ECHINACEA PURPUREA HERBA TINCTURE 1:12
- ECHINACEA PURPUREA HERBA TINCTURE 1:2
- ECHINACEA PURPUREA QUANTIFIED DRY EXTRACT
- ECHINACEA PURPUREA RADIX DRY EXTRACT
- ECHINACEA PURPUREA RADIX TINCTURE (1:10 IN ALCOHOL 60%)
- ECHINACEA PURPUREA RADIX TINCTURE 1:11
- ECHINACEA PURPUREA ROOT DRY EXTRACT
- ECHINACEA PURPUREA ROOT TINCTURE 1:2 45% ETHANOL
- ECHINACEA ROOT DRY EXTRACT
- ECONAZOLE NITRATE
- EDETIC ACID