4. Precautions and risks associated with special uses of antipsychotics
This section covers the risks associated use of antipsychotics for special populations and also the use of antipsychotics in particular circumstances. The topics included are:
- Use in patients with dementia
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Prolonged-release antipsychotic injections
- Antipsychotic injections for immediate effect
This learning module discusses noteworthy risks for antipsychotics. Summaries of product characteristics and the BNF should be consulted for a fuller account of the adverse effects and warnings for individual antipsychotics.
Page 32 of 46