In this issue
Drug safety advice
- Natalizumab (Tysabri): risk of progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy increases after two years of therapy.
- Fluoxetine: possible small risk of congenital cardiac defects, similar to that with paroxetine.
- Sirolimus: different immunoassays for therapeutic drug monitoring—risk of incorrect dose adjustment.
Other information from the MHRA
- Drug Safety Update gains NHS Evidence accreditation.
- MHRA conference for doctors in training.
- Patient Information Leaflet of the month: Human Varicella-Zoster Immunoglobulin vaccine.