This consultation has now closed.
21 December 2012
In April 2013, we will launch our five-year corporate plan.
The corporate plan is a very important document, as it will:
- set our strategic direction for the next five years
- frame how we work with our stakeholders
- create a framework for our work, flowing into annual business plans.
Having recently discussed our initial ideas with a range of our stakeholders, we are now publishing a draft plan for consultation.
We are keen for people and organisations that have an interest in our work to help us shape our direction in the next five years.
The draft plan sets out:
- key challenges and opportunities facing us over the next five years
- key objectives and activities that will achieve these objectives
- outcomes we are hoping to achieve as a result.
Our vision of success is: “We enhance and improve the health of millions of people every day through the effective regulation of medicines and medical devices, underpinned by science and research”
We would like your views on whether we are proposing the right direction for the organisation over the next five years to meet that vision.
The draft plan is structured around five themes:
- The role of regulation and the regulator
- Bringing innovation safely to market
- Strengthening surveillance
- Safe products and secure supply in globalised industries
- Achieving excellence – a well run, efficient and effective organisation
Watch a short introduction to our draft corporate plan by our Chief Executive Professor Sir Kent Woods
How to respond
The easiest way to tell us your thoughts is through our online questionnaire:
Alternatively, you can email us before 1 February 2013 at email@example.com, using our offline response sheet.
Offline response sheet (163Kb)
Please give evidence and a clear rationale for your views where possible. Please feel free to answer all the questions, or just to focus on particular areas – any input you give is extremely valuable to us.