The remit of the EAG will be to advise the Commission on Human Medicines (CHM) on:
- The development of effective communications for patients, the public and carers to help them make informed choices about medicines and to use medicines safely.
- How to improve communication between patients and health professionals and between the MHRA and the public on the safe use of medicines.
- Ways to promote the availability and accessibility of high quality information about individual medicines available in the UK.
- Ways to encourage reporting of adverse drug reactions (ADRs) by patients and the public. Recognising the importance of the patient experience, to advise on building links between patient concerns as experienced in direct ADR reports and the information provided to patients.
- Facilitating targeted patient involvement on relevant regulatory issues, where patient/public involvement has not otherwise been achieved by working with specific patient organisations.
- Providing a patient perspective on strategic issues such as the upcoming European legislation on Patient Information.
Dr Rebecca Mann BMBS FRCPCH
Consultant Paediatrician, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Eileen M Baildam MB ChB DRCOG DCH RCP FRCP FRCPCH
Consultant Paediatric Rheumatologist, Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Helen Burdett MB ChB MRCP FRCA
Consultant Anaesthetist, Tunbridge Wells Hospital
Dr Steven Cunningham PhD FRCPCH FRCP
Consultant Respiratory Paediatrician, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh
Professor Peter C Hindmarsh BSc MD FRCP FRCPCH
Consultant Paediatric Endocrinologist, Royal Free and University College Medical School
Dr Meriel Jenney MBChB MRCP MD FRCPCH
Consultant Paediatric Oncologist, Children’s Hospital for Wales
Professor Nigel Klein BSc MBBS MRCP PhD FRCPCH
Consultant, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust; Professor of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, Institute of Child Health, UCL
Ms Fiona Lynch BSc (Hons) MSc RCN
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit Nurse Consultant, Evelina Children's Hospital
Dr Rubin Minhas MB ChB MBA
Professor Marie-Louise Newell MB MSc PhD FMedSci
Professor of Global Health, Academic Unit of Human Development and Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton
Professor Anthony Nunn BPharm FRPharmS Hon FRCPCH
Honorary Fellow, Department of Women’s and Children’s Health, University of Liverpool; Industry Professor, School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool
Ms Sara Payne BA CPE LPC
Lay Representative. Solicitor
Professor Shirley Price MSc PhD FBTS ERT FHEA FSB
Associate Dean of Learning and Teaching, Department of Biochemical and Physiological Sciences, Institute of Biosciences and Medicine, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey
Dr Jane Tizard MBBS FRCP FRCPCH
Consultant Paediatric Nephrologist, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
Dr Beverly Tsai-Goodman MD FRCP PG Cert Med Ed
Consultant Paediatric and Fetal Cardiologist, Bristol Children’s Hospital and Deputy Dean for South Bristol Academy, University of Bristol Medical School
Dr Catherine L C Tuleu PhD Cert Ed MRPharmS
Reader in the Department of Pharmaceutics, Director of the Centre for Paediatric Pharmacy Research, UCL School of Pharmacy
Professor Heather M Wallace PhD FRCPath FRSC FSB FBPharmacolS FBTS European Registered Toxicologist
Professor of Biochemical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Division of Applied Medicine, University of Aberdeen
Mrs Madeleine Wang BA (Hons)
Lay Representative. Patient Advocate
Dr Mark Whiting BNursing MSc PhD
Consultant Nurse, Children's Community and Specialist Nursing, Peace Children's Centre, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
Dr Morris Zwi MB BCh FRCPsych
Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist, Richmond Royal Hospital