The remit of the EAG will be to advise the Commission on Human Medicines (CHM) on:
- The development of effective communications for patients, the public and carers to help them make informed choices about medicines and to use medicines safely.
- How to improve communication between patients and health professionals and between the MHRA and the public on the safe use of medicines.
- Ways to promote the availability and accessibility of high quality information about individual medicines available in the UK.
- Ways to encourage reporting of adverse drug reactions (ADRs) by patients and the public. Recognising the importance of the patient experience, to advise on building links between patient concerns as experienced in direct ADR reports and the information provided to patients.
- Facilitating targeted patient involvement on relevant regulatory issues, where patient/public involvement has not otherwise been achieved by working with specific patient organisations.
- Providing a patient perspective on strategic issues such as the upcoming European legislation on Patient Information.
Professor Rosalind L Smyth MA MBBS MD FRCPCH FMedSci (Chair)
Director, UCL Institute of Child Health, London
Dr Eileen M Baildam MB ChB DRCOG DCH RCP FRCP FRCPCH
Consultant Paediatric Rheumatologist, Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Steven Cunningham PhD FRCPCH FRCP
Consultant Respiratory Paediatrician, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh
Professor Ruth Gilbert MB ChB MSc MD FRCPCH
Professor of Clinical Epidemiology, UCL Institute of Child Health
Professor Peter C Hindmarsh BSc MD FRCP FRCPCH
Consultant Paediatric Endocrinologist, Royal Free and University College Medical School.
Professor Nigel Klein BSc PhD MBBS MRCP FRCPCH
Consultant, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust;
Professor of Infectious Diseases and Microbiology, Institute of Child Health, UCL
Ms Fiona Lynch BSc (Hons) MSc RCN
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit Nurse Consultant, Evelina Children's Hospital
Dr Rebecca Mann BMBS FRCPCH
Consultant Paediatrician, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust.
Professor Anthony Nunn BPharm (Hon) FRPharmS HonFRCPCH
Honorary Fellow, Department of Women’s and Children’s Health, University of Liverpool; Industry Professor, School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University; Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool.
Ms Sara Payne
Solicitor – Lay Member
Professor Shirley Price MSc, PhD, FBTS, ERT, FHEA
Associate Dean of Learning and Teaching, Department of Biochemical and Physiological Sciences, Institute of Biosciences and Medicine, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey
Professor Michael Stevens MD FRCP FRCPCH FRCR (Vice Chair)
CLIC Professor of Paediatric Oncology, University of Bristol
Dr Jane Tizard MBBS, FRCP, FRCPCH
Consultant Paediatric Nephrologist, Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
Dr Catherine L C Tuleu Docteur en Pharmacie, PhD
Reader in the Department of Pharmaceutics, Director of the Centre for paediatric pharmacy Research, UCL School of Pharmacy
Professor Heather M Wallace PhD FRCPath FBTS FRSC FSB FBPharmacolS ERT
Professor of Biochemical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Division of Applied Medicine, University of Aberdeen
Mrs Madeleine Wang BA (hons)
Patient Advocate – Lay Member
Dr William P Whitehouse BSc MB BS DCH FRCP FRCPCH
Clinical Senior Lecturer in Paediatric Neurology, Dept of Child Health, Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham
Dr Mark Whiting BNursing MSc PhD
Consultant Nurse, Children's Community and Specialist Nursing, Peace Children's Centre, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
Professor Andrew Wolf MB B Chir FFA RCS Eng
Paediatric Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care and Pain Management, Bristol Royal Infirmary
Dr Geoffrey Wong MA MD (Res) MBBS MRCGP FHEA
GP Principal and Senior Lecturer in Primary Care, Queen Mary University of London
Dr Morris Zwi MB BCh FRCPsych
Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist, Richmond Royal Hospital